1. I keep it clutter free. It’s so much easier to clean this way. And in general, I am more focused and peaceful when I’m not visually distracted.
2. I keep it clean. The kitchen should be clean for obvious sanitary reasons, but I also just love having my kitchen clean and pretty.
3. I use up old stuff to free up space for new stuff so things don’t get crowded, forgotten about, or wasted. If I have a 1/2 cup of polenta, I’m definately going to use that up and free up the jar.
4. I keep the things I use most in reachable places and the things I don’t use much in less reachable places. For example, my thermos is on a high shelf, but my coffee is the easiest to grab so I can access it in my morning haze.
5. I add extra lighting to make my kitchen brighter to work in.
6. I keep a speaker in the kitchen and when I don’t want to do the dishes, I motivate myself with music or a podcast.
7. I have an apron that I love to wear.
8. I keep it stocked with healthy foods like fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and beans. I have one comfort meal on hand (usually pasta) and one sweet treat (usually chocolate chips for thier versatility).
9. I keep an ongoing inventory list.
10. I keep an ongoing shopping list.
11. I keep an ongoing meal plan.
12. I revel in the fact that I have a clean, clutter free, and beautiful kitchen. And that I’m producing delicious healthy food for myself and my family.